Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Liminality.

3:00 am. Cannot go to sleep. That 8pm coffee is still sprinting throughout my body. As I'm waiting for sleepiness to crash over me, I can't help but realize how this moment is similar to my overall life right now. In this moment, I'm in between what was (the day's activities) and what is to come (sleep), and I can do nothing but wait. Similarly, I've got two or three weeks until I know what the next two years of my life will look like. I applied for a job with City Year, and I'll have my second and final phone interview next week. If I get the job, then the ball will start rolling. TEAMeffort and City Year will have my allegiance. However, if I do not get the job, here I come GRE and grad school. The latter is not my preference. Until I know what is going to happen, I just have to wait.


Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14, ESV

But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31, ESV

The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25, ESV


Until the LORD gives me confirmation, I must wait on him and make the most of every day. Man. What does that look like? Make the most of every moment. That's beautiful. Do I do that? Not always.


Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Ephesians 5:16, NLT


So, as I'm in this state of liminality, I must wait on the LORD and make the most of every moment in which I'm given. That is what is honoring to GOD and that is what HE will bless.


No comments: