I took this heart and made it my own.
The color faded as its shape mangled.
I split it up and shared it with everyone.
Exhausted, I was only spreading it thin.
Black and white turned to gray and
war broke out between my mind and my heart -
each had its own ideas.
The war raged on till the day that you intervened -
"I am your Maker" you said.
This heart belongs to You!
So take it back and color it a bright red.
Reform this heart; mend what I've undone.
Separate the light and dark; color every shade I see.
Make this heart beat louder than before, in tempo with yours.
Build a symphony within
So that my heart and mind may sing in harmony.
Rip out my love and fill me with yours.
May I share that Love, while you hold my heart.
"I am your Maker" you said.
This heart belongs to You!
Psalm 86:11, Ephesians 5:19b, Isaiah 54:5
No comments:
Post a Comment