Dear P90X,
You guarantee me that if I do your program and endure your muscle-pumping exercises with Tony Horton each day, then by day 90, I will be walking in an absolutely ripped body. Not only that, but my athletic performance will improve as well as my endurance, balance, and coordination. I can strengthen and tighten my muscles for optimal daily performance so that I may prevent unwanted and preventable injuries. (What injury is wanted? Oh wait...I forgot about those cross country days...) All it takes is an hour each day and I will be in the best shape of my life. Wow, what a thought! I'm into that. So I decided to take you up on your promise. I'm going to endure your program for the next 90 days not just because of your promises to look and feel better, but because I have not taken care of my body lately. I have been denying it of what it so very much needs and enjoys - exercise. This body that I live in deserves proper respect, and I've decided that I will put it through your muscle-confusion program to keep it entertained as well as challenged.
When will I start? I'm glad you asked. I actually started today. This morning. I apologize for rolling my eyes and saying some unpleasant things to Tony, but it was a little more difficult than last time I started. (That's solely because of what I mentioned previously - I've not been taking care of my body lately.) I did endure it though, and I did every exercise (though not every second), but I did not do the bonus round. It was a little too much to do that today. I feel good right now though, as I should, and I'm very glad.
I do want to let you know, though, that I learned a valuable lesson today. I told myself after the workout that if I did not feel sore later tonight or at least tomorrow morning, then I would work harder during the workout tomorrow. Then it hit me. What a way to look at things! If I failed today, then just do differently tomorrow. It's so simple. Sir Pessimism is absolutely absent from that concept. Hello Optimism. You see, over the past few weeks, I've been too caught up in my failures, and I haven't been able to get over them. I've beaten myself up for things of the past weeks, days, and hours, that I can't get it 100% together for the next hours, days, and [hopefully not] weeks. But no. Now I will take on this attitude that if I failed today, then I just do differently tomorrow. That's IT. A simple life lesson that I need to regrasp every now and then, for it tends to slip from my memory. So thank you, P90X, for not doing anything. ha. Thank You, God, for hitting me in the head with this. I will now move on.
See you tomorrow,
Alison
3 comments:
I'll be joining you on your journey :) I started several times and never follow through. Let's do it for real. I'll text you and tell you I do it everyday. Yay accountability!
lol, okay courtney, you better keep up!
Haha...I would have loved to see you making comments to Tony...that whole concept of talking to someone on the TV and thinking they will acknowledge is far too amusing of a thought.
I still want to get this program from you too! Maybe then I will understand why one would have adverse words towards Tony.
Post a Comment